Duarry A Arteaga
Advanced Senior Petrophysical and Integrator with knowledge of reservoir engineering and geology with over 18 years of professional experience in South and North America. Specialized in Upstream (Onshore/Offshore) in the areas of Oil & Gas Petrophysics conventional reservoirs and unconventional.
Petrophysical Modeler algorithms in several expert systems (Fuzzy Logic, Artificial Neural Networks, and Multivariate Statistics), applicable to Non-Conventional Petrophysics. High skill in the Interactive Petrophysics software is also responsible for developing a Petrophysical IPR software that determines the production flow curve and thus validates the petrophysical models with real production and reduced the uncertainty of the original oil on the site and reserves using its innovative petrophysical methodologies.
Major achievements range from research and development of innovative techniques in the oil and gas industry which have allowed to present 17 international publications and developed a Petrophysical IPR software, so and obtain awards in different international congresses (SPE & AAPG). Experience as HSE in Unconventional reservoir “Shale Oil-Permian Basin” in West Texas. Currently specialized in studies the Petrophysical Evaluation Model and Volume estimation of OOIP and recoverable and remaining oil reserves.
- Master’s degree of Science in Petroleum Geology – University of Zulia, Zulia State, Venezuela.
- Reservoir Integrated Studies Certified, PDVSA – University of Zulia, Zulia State, Venezuela
- Bachelor’s degree Petroleum Engineering Petroleum Engineer – University of Zulia, Zulia State, Venezuela.
Areas of Expertise
- Quality Control in Database, logs and cores
- Expert systems (Fuzzy Logic, Artificial Neural Networks, Multivariate and Statistics)
- Advanced Characterization Petrophysical in reservoir conventional and unconventional
- Reservoir Engineering, Geology and Fields Development
- Production Optimization Wells
- Volume estimation of OOIP and recoverable and remaining oil reserves.